Because we’re very thinly spread right now, we need to ask you before contacting us:
- If it is a child abuse case, have you followed the police process? If so, and you believe the police are not doing their work, try to contact the NPA.
- If it’s a case involving an adult victim or custody issues, it’s not within our mandate.
- We can only intervene if all normal procedure avenues have been exhausted. If so, send us the case number and all the investigating officers’ detail, as well as who you spoke to at the NPA, and a brief background.
DO YOU NEED HELP?
WHO TO CONTACT:
- If you need immediate help for a molested/raped child, please contact NETCARE: 082 911
- There are social workers on staff at Netcare hospitals.
- If a child is being abused, please contact your nearest police station to report it, or your nearest CHILD WELFARE office.
- If a woman is being abused, please contact the GENDER VIOLENCE HELPLINE: 0800 150 150
- If you are an adult survivor and need counselling, contact LIFELINE: 011 728 1347
- If you need family mediation, contact FAMSA: 011 766 3283
- If you are an adult survivor of childhood abuse, and you are struggling to lay a charge because the perpetrator is famous, please contact our HEAD OFFICE: 011 789 8815
|Tel: 011 789 8815
Address: 6 Benmore Road,
|Women & Men Against Child Abuse
Section 21 Company Registration: 2000/010605/08
Child Protection Org No.: 12/2/2/8/36
NPO No.: 005-213
Section 18A PBO No.: 18/11/13/3256
HEAD OFFICE STAFF
Logistics Admin Manager
Tel: 011 321 7614
Tel: 011 892 0404